Last weekend I made this delicious Baked Rice Pudding, based on Donna Hay's Recipe.
I'll share her recipe with you, then give you the changes I made.
1/2 cup arborio rice
1 Litre milk
1 vanilla bean, spilt and seeds scraped
2 tablespoons caster sugar
4 pieces lemon peel
20g butter, chopped
1 tablespoon caster sugar (extra)
double thick cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
2. Place the rice in the base of a 7 cup- capacity shallow overproof dish.
3. Combine the milk, vanilla bean and seeds, sugar and lemon peel, pour over rice and stir to combine.
4. Cover with Aluminium foil and place on a baking try.
5. Bake for 1 hour, remove the foil and stir.
6. Bake, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes.
7. Top with the butter, sprinkle with extra sugar and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden.
8. Serve with cream
I do a couple of things differently.
Firstly, I don't include the lemon peel, just a personal thing because we like ours sweet. At the end of the cooking process, I stir in cream through the pudding and then serve with extra cream.
I think that stirring the cream through the pudding before serving makes the recipe even more decadent.
Finally, I always double the recipe because I have some big eaters in my family!
*Recipe from Here